Warehouse & Logistics Manager | Bristol
The Warehouse & Logistics Manager will be responsible for establishing and leading the warehouse and logistics processes at BAIT. As an effective Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for supervising warehousing and distribution operations. You will oversee importing and exporting activities, and storage of a wide variety of products in line with ESUK’s Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, Security, and Trade Compliance requirements, whilst providing efficient solutions.
As a new role in a new facility, the Warehouse & Logistics Manager will be instrumental in the conception and implementation of a new warehousing & logistics operating model for the new defence equipment facility and will oversee all warehousing functions.
What will you be doing:
As a Warehouse & Logistics Manager, you will be:
· Managing the warehouse & logistics operations of a low volume, high technology defence and aerospace business.
· Leading the design & implementation of warehouse & logistics processes, starting from an empty, bare, warehouse.
· Oversee implementation of all ERP all modules related warehousing implementation (Infor or Baan experience particularly helpful).
· Manage the physical design and build of the warehouse to meet exacting security, quality and safety requirements.
· Establishing warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees including:
o Goods in (importing, receipting, and storage)
o Finished goods storage
o Production Floor replenishment
o Pack and despatch (exporting)
Skills for success:
· Experience of working in a AS9100D warehousing environment.
· Experience in implementing and managing an ERP system within a warehouse & logistics environment.
· Experience recruiting & training logistics personnel.
· Experience of managing digital data in stores and using digital technologies in a stores environment.
· Experience of handling electronics & avionics and managing electro-static discharge (ESD) risks.
· Awareness of trade compliance regulations (UK Export, ITAR, EAR, etc).
We know that there is no such thing as perfection, and we don’t want you to be put off from applying. If you are excited about the role have most of the skills or experience we are looking for, and feel you would be a good fit we would still love to hear from you.
What we look for
Growth is in our DNA, we look for you to be collaborative and innovative. This role will be both internally and externally facing and so individuals will require excellent problem solving and communications experience. The ability to work with senior stakeholders and educate them on technical issues would be highly beneficial.
What's in it for you:
Elbit Systems UK is at the forefront of technological innovation within our industry and as our presence grows in the UK, we want to recruit talented individuals to build a cohesive and diverse group on numerous projects.
Working together is central to our culture. We offer a total rewards package including support for flexible working and development with us. Some of the things you can expect from us are:
· Flexitime and flexible working including holiday purchase
· 25 days annual leave + UK bank holidays increasing with length of service
· Secure your financial future with our pension package, life and critical care cover
· Healthcare including employee assistance programme
· Discounts, free gifts, wellbeing support and more through Perkbox
· Make your money go further with salary sacrifice bikes, technology and electric vehicles
· Professional membership fee covered
· Family-friendly policies including enhanced family leave
· Hybrid working. We are hybrid first for every role where that is possible, some of our roles are based with our clients, or have security classification restrictions. Where it is within our control roles are hybrid first
Elbit Systems UK are a Defence, Technology and Aerospace company working on a range of technologies for both military and civilian applications. We are new to the UK but our global presence in over 17 countries and over $4B in sales has enabled us to rapidly grow, and we are looking for you to join us on that journey.
We have an open collaborative environment where people are encouraged and supported to bring their best. Respect and honesty are at our core and our ambitions are big.
It’s fast paced, driven and creativity is at our core to achieve our best work. We’re a trusted and progressive business and we help our people grow with us.
Please note: due to the nature of the work we carry out you will be required to obtain security clearance and therefore we are only able to consider those that have the right to work in the UK.
Join us in redefining the future
GDPR obligations on recruitment records