Junior Software Engineer | Bristol
Reference: 95180 / 243
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. As a Software Engineer you will be working on the design and implementation of virtual training systems for military training purposes. The role will see you building and creating applications from scratch with a UI interface and backend capabilities. You will design how the application looks and should be coded.
Today, a significant portion of military training is done on a virtual basis, where the trainer had full control over the scenarios. Costs and risks are diminished while the trainee is having a real-world high fidelity training experience.
What will you be doing:
As a Software Engineer you will be:
· Design and implementation of sub-system emulations.
· Design and implementation of interface, monitoring and control applications.
· Deriving software requirements and tasks from system level requirements.
· Conducting integration between third-party and Elbit Systems UK software.
· Problem solving during tests and trials.
Skills for success:
· Experience in with object-oriented languages – C++ and preferably C#
· Understanding or experience of Windows operating systems
· Understanding of some network protocols – TCP/UDP
· Having used common software tools – e.g., Git, Visual Studio, Microsoft Office
· Competent in problem solving and analytical techniques in a methodical and logical manner to solve development and integration challenges.
We know that there is no such thing as perfection, and we don’t want you to be put off from applying. If you are excited about the role, have most of the skills or experience we are looking for, and feel you would be a good fit we would still love to hear from you.
What we look for:
Growth is in our DNA, we look for you to be collaborative and innovative. As a junior member of the team, you will receive incredible support from out team to develop both from a technical and personal point of view. Working in our agile teams will enable you to work flexibly and experience different parts of multiple complex and fast-paced projects. To be successful in this role, you will need to display enthusiasm and interest for the industry and be a team player.
What's in it for you:
Elbit Systems UK is at the forefront of technological innovation within our industry and as our presence grows in the UK, we want to recruit talented individuals to build a cohesive and diverse group on numerous projects.
Working together is central to our culture. We offer a total rewards package including support for flexible working and development with us. Some of the things you can expect from us are:
· Flexitime and flexible working including holiday purchase
· 25 days annual leave + UK bank holidays increasing with length of service
· Secure your financial future with our pension package, life and critical care cover
· Healthcare including employee assistance programme
· Discounts, free gifts, wellbeing support and more through Perkbox
· Make your money go further with salary sacrifice bikes, technology and electric vehicles
· Professional membership fee covered
· Family-friendly policies including enhanced family leave
· Hybrid working. We are hybrid first for every role where that is possible, some of our roles are based with our clients, or have security classification restrictions. Where it is within our control roles are hybrid first
Elbit Systems UK are a Defence, Technology and Aerospace company working on a range of technologies for both military and civilian applications. We are new to the UK but our global presence in over 17 countries and over $4B in sales has enabled us to rapidly grow, and we are looking for you to join us on that journey.
We have an open collaborative environment where people are encouraged and supported to bring their best. Respect and honesty are at our core and our ambitions are big.
It’s fast paced, driven and creativity is at our core to achieve our best work. We’re a trusted and progressive business and we help our people grow with us.
Please note: due to the nature of the work we carry out you will be required to obtain security clearance and therefore we are only able to consider those that have the right to work in the UK.
Join us in redefining the future.
GDPR obligations on recruitment records