Infrastructure Engineer | Bristol
Reference: 93334 / 198
We are looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. As an IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will plan, provision, install, and configure related IT infrastructure, hardware, and software, within their collaborative software and systems engineering environment.
What will you be doing:
As a IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
· Build and set up new infrastructure, servers, and development tools.
· Identify technical problems and implementing software updates and ‘fixes’.
· Work in partnership with the IT Service Desk, DevOps & Software Development, providing support to the engineering/development teams in accordance with SLA’s.
· Create and maintain technical documentation and knowledge base.
· Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
· Ensure that the organisation’s data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
Skills for success:
· Considerable hands-on experience within IT infrastructure engineering.
· Strong Windows Server and Linux (CentOS/Ubuntu) experience.
· PowerShell & Bash scripting knowledge.
· Experience of requirement gathering and systems or solution design.
· Ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment.
We know that there is no such thing as perfection, and we don’t want you to be put off from applying. If you are excited about the role, have most of the skills or experience we are looking for, and feel you would be a good fit we would still love to hear from you.
What's in it for you:
Elbit Systems UK is at the forefront of technological innovation within our industry and as our presence grows in the UK, we want to recruit talented individuals to build a cohesive and diverse group on numerous projects. Working together is central to our culture. We offer a total rewards package including support for flexible working and development with us. Some of the things you can expect from us are:
· Flexitime and flexible working including holiday purchase.
· 25 days annual leave + UK bank holidays increasing with length of service.
· Secure your financial future with our pension package, life, and critical care cover.
· Healthcare including employee assistance programme.
· Discounts, free gifts, wellbeing support and more through Perkbox.
· Make your money go further with salary sacrifice bikes, technology, and electric vehicles.
· Professional membership fee covered.
· Family-friendly policies including enhanced family leave.
· Hybrid working. We are hybrid first for every role where that is possible, some of our roles are based with our clients, or have security classification restrictions. Where it is within our control roles are hybrid first.
Elbit Systems UK are a Defence, Technology and Aerospace company working on a range of technologies for both military and civilian applications. We are new to the UK but our global presence in over 17 countries and over $4B in sales has enabled us to rapidly grow, and we are looking for you to join us on that journey. We have an open collaborative environment where people are encouraged and supported to bring their best. Respect and honesty are at our core and our ambitions are big. It’s fast paced, driven and creativity is at our core to achieve our best work. We’re a trusted and progressive business and we help our people grow with us. Please note due to the nature of the work we carry out you will be required to obtain security clearance and therefore we are only able to consider those that have the right to work in the UK. Join us in redefining the future.
GDPR obligations on recruitment records